Saturday, January 31, 2009

A love hate relationship

If you were to ask me if I enjoy running on a treadmill, I would say no. I love to run outside. Even then, I can't run the same run twice in one week with out getting bored. I need variety, change, and so running on a treadmill is like pure torture!
We just got a treadmill a few months back and I must confess I love having it! It is still my preference to run outside, but in the dark cold winter mornings where I want nothing more than to shut off my alarm and sleep, the treadmill gives me leave to do so. Yea! It is truly wonderful and I don't know how I lived without it!
So on those days that are crazy or I am lazy and I don't make it out in the morning, I can be at peace. I can still go for a run. I have a treadmill. Life is Good.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I feel the same way Mindi, but I do miss having a treadmill. I am completely against running in the dark and freezing cold!

Steph said...

If I have my ipod the treadmill is one of my favorite places to go. You should try Beyonce's "Single Ladies". You will be groovin' for a long time. If you like to do intervals, try Kayne West's "Love Lockdown".
Have fun!

T.J. and Kathy Christensen said...

My favorite sister Mindi! I just caught up on your blog. Did you know you have the cutest kids ever? I was CRACKING UP at Mason singing! And I can just see Ammon shoving that snowball with all his force. hee hee I love it. :)

p.s. Whatever that you got a treadmill! I am so jealous! But of course, so happy for you to have one. :) I haven't been running outside much because of the FRREEZING weather...and I don't much feel like getting cancer either. I have been swimming lots though, yay! I just signed up for the Salem Spring Tri on May 30th, wanna come play with me?!

Jami said...

I am so proud of you that you still run. You're awesome!

The Wiser Side said...

I completly agree mindi! I can always run farther outside as well. Recently we joined a gym-broke down and did it-now I'm glad, cause I can get to the gym with my kids, and read a book or listen to the TV. AND Trav and I have been swimming together on saturdays-added bonus.