Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Princess and the Pea

The day after Halloween Joseph and Ammon performed in the play the Princess and the Pea. Every year the Mussola Children's Theatre come and take a week to put on a play with youth from the community. Joseph and Ammon were both so excited to make it and worked hard at rehearsals all week long. They were so awesome! In fact both of them had special parts. I am amazed at how brave they are, I was very shy at this age, but they went to the audition and didn't hold back one bit! I was seriously cracking up because they were so funny!

Here is Joseph from the land of Glaicierdom, he was an ice sharpner. Just a little GQ pose for ya! Love the stash! He was the one who brought in the royal sherbet. We were not allowed to take pictures during the play, so here is Joseph posing for me, acting like he is holding the sherbet up to give to the King. He said, "The Royal Sherbet!"
Ammon didn't belong to any kingdom but was a dust bunnie that came out at night when everyone else was sleeping and danced and partied. He was so cute!

Ammon also had a speaking part he got to say (several times) "Pretty peas!"
He is such a ham! Watching my boys perform just warmed my heart, they did such a good job! It was fun and a great experience for them!

I have to share what happened with Ammon. They went at 11 am saturday, and rehearsed then did a manatee at 3 pm. So we get home around 4:30 and I am going over the schedule with them for the rest of the evening. I mentioned that they had to be there at 6 pm so they could get ready for the last performance at 7pm.
At this point Ammon said, "What performance?" (I think he was in denial or something)
I replied, "The one you just did."
Ammon, "Do I have park performers?" (this is his school singing group)
"No Ammon you need to do the play again"
Ammon, "What play?"
Joseph and I were incredulous at this point, so Joseph said, "The Princess and the Pea!"
Ammon burst into tears, "I don't want to do it again!"
I was shocked, because he loved it, but the light began to dawn when I realized that this poor six year old had spent his whole day, being good, sitting still, ect... He couldn't bear to do it again! After he calmed down we had a nice heart to heart talk about how hard it was, and he agreed that the hard work was worth it. Once he realized that it was not going to be a long time, just the performance, he was as happy as can be, and did a great job!
Later that night and the next day he was so sick, I think this might of been part of it, he didn't feel very good. Poor guy!

7 comments:

tracy said...

those are pretty sweet costumes, was it like one of those school plays you see in movies that have AMAZING sets and costumes? what a great experience for the boys and i'm proud of ammon for being a trooper--i'm getting tired of practicing our primary sacrament program! :)

xóchitl said...

encore! encore!
i am so loving the mustache too!
i wish i could've seen those boys. how fun.

aw, poor ammon, sometimes the show must go on when your adoring fans must be pacified.

those costumes really do look amazing! what a fun experience.

Jessica said...

How adorable the boys are! I am impressed too, I tried to get Naomi to do it one year and she flat out refused.

Lindsay said...

That is so cute. It's fun to see the personality of your kids and how in some ways their so similar and in other ways, they're so different. Cute pics.

Fletch said...

Very, very cute!

The Wiser Side said...

How fun! That is so neat that they come and do that in your community!Your boys are little hams and look very cute!

Elaine said...

Hey, Joseph & Ammon,
You boys are the best-not only are you good athletes, but you are amazing performers, too! That must have been a lot of fun as well as a lot of hard work. I'm so proud of both of you:-) Grandma C