Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We are Back!

The long journey has ended (life without a computer) and as the months have rolled by a lot has happened in our lives. Rather than bore you with details I went through my pictures and picked one for each special event, and a few random cute ones. I will just caption them and hopefully that will catch us up, until I blog again!
I could not resist this one, I am in the room with the gate on the treadmill. Vilate wanted me really bad. So she cried for the last few minutes of my workout, and then stopped, when I finished, this is how I found her.
James and Vilate jumping, love the hair!
Ammon is such a ham, that is why we love him! Here he is in his play as pacheceflomicrolosaurus, (that really is not how you spell it, but I don't want to look it up!)

Looking fierce buddy.
Joseph's (and Dad's) first pinewood derby car. This was a good learning experience for everyone, Joseph had a good time.
For Spring break we went to Vegas to visit my sister Kaelynn and her husband Royce and kids. Here is the cutest picture of our ten kids! Easter this year fell on Ammon's birthday, this egg was made special for him with happy birthday wishes.
We had our basket find right before church, here they are with all the goods.
Happy 7th Birthday Ammon! April 12th 2009
Joseph was the pirate black beard in his school play, this was a major part and he was one of the only third graders to score such a role, most were in fifth grade. Great job!
Vilate got a new bed! It was so cute to see her so excited! She loves it.
Yea! Joseph earned his wolf badge along with many other things!
Dana suprised me with these beautiful floweres for mother's day, I had to post them they were so beautiful. What a sweet guy!
About a week later, they are on their way out, but look how pretty Vilate is!
James reading Vilate a story.
Ammon earned the Trustworthiness award for the first grade! Go Ammon!
Mason graduated from preschool! He was awesome as usual in his final performance they put on. One mom confessed that she watched Mason more than her own son cause he was so fun to watch! He really did steal the show. I don't think I have one shy child, they are performers!
Joseph got the presidential fitness award, he was so excited.
The last week of May right after school we went to Colorado to see Dana's parents and had a great time. Here are a couple pictures of us hiking. My brother Dave and his wife Lisel and their kids came too, it was way fun!
Go Grandma and Grandpa, they are good sports to go on adventures with us.
In June we stayed with Jason and Andrea (Dana's brother) and their kids for a weekend. We went to BYU Campus and showed the kids around. Here we are in the Bean Museum.
And of course you gotta love Brother Brigham!
This was taken in the Joseph Smith Building. We were showing the kids the Joseph Smith statue. And yes, for those who didn't know I am huge and pregnant, hopefully not for long! Notice the cool BYU hats and shirts, oh yeah!
Vilate turned two on June 18, 2009! She was singing Happy Birthday to me all day long, it was so so cute! And here she is saying ''Cheese"! And here are the studly tri guys! Dana and Jason. It was Dana's first Olympic triathlon and open water swim. He did an awesome job!
And sorry for the blurry picture but I was lucky to get it, he would fly by so fast! Go Dana go!
Our next birthday boy. Joseph hit the big 9 year mark on June 25th 2009! He is such a sweet kid.
On the 4th of July getting ready to leave, Vilate and Mason posing for a picture.
And here is the crew getting ready for the bike parade. They love following the fire truck around the block and the cool treats afterwards. Later that night we watched the fireworks, of course.
And here is the gang with their popcorn ready to sleep out and watch a movie. They love doing this, and I just love the mess in the morning! Ha! Oh well, making memories is worth it!

9 comments:

JeLynn said...

Hey Mindi, loved the blog. Such a cute family.

The Wiser Side said...

You look so cute Mindi!! Your hair is long again.
-love hoe you do Vilate's hair-ultra cute
-love seeing your boys be "hammy"
-love seeing your extened family (Kaelynn and Dave)
So fun to chat with you today!! We really must do a race again-but you'll blow me out of the water-fast chicka!!

tracy said...

glad you're back online!! looks like you guys are having an eventful summer. all the kids are growing so much and getting so big and cute.

Jessica said...

I love that you are back and blogging! I miss you all, but I am really liking Portales so far.

Jami said...

Awww, I miss you! I love reading about your cute family and seeing your sweet face again. Take care!

Kathy said...

FUN!!! Your family is so cute! The one of yours and Kaelynn's kids is adorable. We can't believe how big some of them are! And T.J. and I were cracking up at Mason flexing in every shot. haha Must be Dana's son! Love you guys!

Steph said...

Glad to have you back! Congratulations on your pregnancy! For some reason I missed that and was surprised to see you so far along. You look beautiful!
I hope Kaelynn is doing well. I have gleaned updates from your mom and dad's newsletter ( Her baby is home now...hopefully thriving) but that is all I know. Do they have a blog?

Steph said...

I just read about your new baby! Congrats!

Fletch said...

Oh my gosh! You have six kids under age 10! You are amazing! I can't even imagine five and I've always felt guilty for not bringing more spirits into the world. So glad there are women like you who are both strong and cheerful at the same time.

Your kids are sooo cute. I am so happy for you!

(Hey, remember watching movies on the lawn of the Bean museum that first summer term at BYU? I miss BYU! Glad you got to go back!)